The Huntsville Library Foundation (HLF) is a nonprofit organization that supports the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library (HMCPL). We depend upon the generosity of donors and sponsors to continue to provide funds for our library--all 12 branches!--and the extraordinarily important endeavor to serve all residents of Madison County, regardless of socio-economic, race, gender, or age differences. The Annual Fund is unrestricted and used for a variety of endeavors and projects that directly support HMCPL.
There are several ways you can contribute to our success:
- Cash pledges and donations are accepted year-round.
- Corporate sponsorships of events or initiatives – Your organization can get involved in various ways including sponsorship and program underwriting and annual fund donations. Revenue from corporate sponsorship is used for annual operating support and to cover expenses related to specific events.
- Employer gift match – Many corporations match gifts made by their employees and retirees to HLF because it is a grassroots way for the corporation to illustrate the importance of both their employee’s and the corporation’s commitment to the community. The Foundation welcomes these matching gifts! Please check with your organization regarding their matching gift policy.
- Memorial and tribute giving – Significant life events are beautifully and sensitively recognized with a memorial or tribute gift. The Huntsville Library Foundation gratefully accepts a variety of giving opportunities specifically designed to mark the birth of a child, a marriage, a special birthday or anniversary, or the death of a loved one. Honor a friend or family member by donating to HLF in their memory. It’s a meaningful way to pay tribute and show how they live on in your heart. Unrestricted memorial or tribute gifts are placed in the Annual Fund that supports all aspects of the mission of the Foundation.
- Estate planning – Thoughtfully planning your estate protects you and provides a secure future for those you care about. As you make or update your estate plans, we invite you to consider an estate gift to the Huntsville Library Foundation. Through an estate gift to the HLF, you give critical support to the library while at the same time giving yourself important financial benefits. Estate gifts include designating HLF as a beneficiary in your will or your life insurance or retirement plan, establishing a charitable gift annuity, or giving other assets. These support the library's mission in perpetuity and your gifts help ensure the library's vitality and sustainability for generations to come.
- Real estate, stocks, or bonds
We invite you to give back to your community in a meaningful way--by supporting your local public library system! We also believe in maintaining your privacy and will never share or sell your information. If you have any questions regarding the Foundation or ways to give, please contact Susan Markham, Director of the Huntsville Library Foundation, at email@example.com.